Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soundbar turns off by itself
The soundbar has been turning itself off recently when in use.  I have the soundbar connected to the TV via an optical cable.
Hi Rob,

Sorry to hear this, is it a recent development or has the bar always done so?

Can you try hooking the bar up via Bluetooth or AUX (or use another device via those connections) does the issue still occur?
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

[Image: orbitsound-sig-logo.png]
(14-03-2017, 10:38 AM)Simon D Wrote: Hi Rob,

Sorry to hear this, is it a recent development or has the bar always done so?

Can you try hooking the bar up via Bluetooth or AUX (or use another device via those connections) does the issue still occur?

This is a recent development (last few months).  It also happens with Bluetooth, but less often.  Have not tested to see what happens with AUX.  Is this issue linked to the dipping problem?
Hi Rob,

This would not be related to the dipping issue no.

If it only happens on Optical then we need to identify the source devices issue.

If we can test it on another device/the same device using AUX or Bluetooth we can then ascertain if it is that device and connection.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

Hi. I have a related sort of question but the opposite way round. My A60 used to go into standby mode automatically either when I turned my TV off or a short while after I did but now it doesn't go into standby at all unless I either use the remote or press the button on the A60 itself. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get it working again. Thanks.
Hi Kaz,

The source device is outputting a constant audio signal, if a TV it may have received an update telling it to do so.

A good test would be to remove the optical/aux cable from the bar and leave it fro ten minutes.

If it goes into standby then it is the device no longer completely shutting off audio, it should be noted that low power/doze mode uses almost as little power as standby mode.

If you can tell me about your set up, what cables you are using, connected devices I can likely better advise.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

(14-03-2017, 09:47 AM)Rob Wrote: The soundbar has been turning itself off recently when in use.  I have the soundbar connected to the TV via an optical cable.

My P70 soundbar has also just been turning itself off occasionally. I have it connected with an optical cable to my TV. Any Suggestions?

Ian
hi Ian,

Plug the optical cable into anything else, a Blu Ray, Games Console, Sky Set top box or similar and play a minute or so of audio, even if it does not sound right/like a helicopter.

The p70 optical chip will "reset" and you should find it then works fine with the TV.

If the TV is not a Samsung you can also hook up the p70 via AUX and set the TV/Headphone volume above 80%, if you are using connected devices as above to the TV this will be louder than optical and the volumes will likely be more balanced.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

(12-05-2018, 08:56 AM)Simon D Wrote: hi Ian,

Plug the optical cable into anything else, a Blu Ray, Games Console, Sky Set top box or similar and play a minute or so of audio, even if it does not sound right/like a helicopter.

The p70 optical chip will "reset" and you should find it then works fine with the TV.

If the TV is not a Samsung you can also hook up the p70 via AUX and set the TV/Headphone volume above 80%, if you are using connected devices as above to the TV this will be louder than optical and the volumes will likely be more balanced.

Simon,

Thanks for the quick reply. I've done that now and it seems to be working okay,

Cheers

Ian
[quote pid='1110' dateline='1526143750']
Hi Ian,

Glad to hear all is well.
[/quote]
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff