Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watching films - Loud music, quiet dialogue
I've had an A60 box now for about 6 months and it's really great apart from when we are watching films, especially on NetFlix or Amazon. It's very common that music soundtracks or action noises come through very loud to the point when we have to hit the volume button. The problem with that is that dialogue is then very quiet. Apart from me spending the whole of the film doing the volume adjustment dance, has anyone any offerings which may help? The TV is connected to the A60 via an optical cable. Confused
Hi Geoff,

Sounds like the TV/set top box is not downmixing well.

It may be worth trying a direct connection to the DVD/Set top box t see if there is any change.

If the TV supports AUX or Bluetooth I would try those as well.

There is always turn the bass down and the treble up.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

[Image: orbitsound-sig-logo.png]
(26-01-2018, 04:00 PM)Simon D Wrote: Hi Geoff,

Sounds like the TV/set top box is not downmixing well.

It may be worth trying a direct connection to the DVD/Set top box t see if there is any change.

If the TV supports AUX or Bluetooth I would try those as well.

There is always turn the bass down and the treble up.

Thanks Simon.

Since posting on here I've done a bit of research on the Web and it appears that this is a universal problem which has been around for the last 100 years! As with all problems of that age there are many who are suffering and precious few that have solutions. I'm going to try the suggestions you made, thank you for those, and see what happens. It's a bit weird that I don't normally get the problem with films on the TV or FreeSat, it's the streamed stuff from Amazon or NetFlix that tends to do it, especially newer films.