Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crackling and sound breaks
I have just purchased an A70 (non wireless) and set up with a Samsung TV using the supplied optical cable. All was working fine until this week when cracking sounds have started coming from the sound bar(all speakers) and the sound drops in and out missing Words from conversations.  Not sure if this is what you refer to as dipping?

The settings on TV are as per the sound bar set up instructions and sound is fine from the tv.

At the moment I cannot use the sound bar, any advice please before I seek a return?

TIA
Hi Tia,

Can you still hear audio when there is crackling?

Is the dipping random, or just after you change channel?
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

[Image: orbitsound-sig-logo.png]
(27-08-2018, 07:49 PM)Simon D Wrote: Hi Tia,

Can you still hear audio when there is crackling?

Is the dipping random, or just after you change channel?

Hi Simon
Yes I can still hear the audio when it crackles, it seems to be over the audio.
Dipping is random and happens throughout programmes
Thanks
Hi Tia,

The dipping I do not know we can help, unless you have a bar with a serial starting 8x1xx16, an update to the bar can help the symptom at that point though not the cause, I would take a look at this thread where it is confirmed a Samsung TV update fixes the dipping issue for more info.

The crackle worries me, can you blow out/hoover the optical ports on the TV and bar and reverse the cable, does the cable fit snugly/if you hold the cable does the crackle cease?
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

(28-08-2018, 05:14 PM)Simon D Wrote: Hi Tia,

The dipping I do not know we can help, unless you have a bar with a serial starting 8x1xx16, an update to the bar can help the symptom at that point though not the cause, I would take a look at this thread where it is confirmed a Samsung TV update fixes the dipping issue for more info.

The crackle worries me, can you blow out/hoover the optical ports on the TV and bar and reverse the cable, does the cable fit snugly/if you hold the cable does the crackle cease?

I had the same issue which was intermittent at first.  However, now the sub woofer does not work at all.  I powered off and opened the screwed on panel behind thinking it may be a loose connection.  Not so, it seems that either a chip or capacitor has failed and there is heat damage with brown gunk cover part of the printed circuit board.  As all the internal speakers are connected by plug in connectors, I am hoping that Orbitsound can sell me a complete PCB with rear screw on panel complete?
Hi Vag,

Apologies, what bar do you have, is this the sub or bar that you have opened?
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

<p>
(19-11-2018, 08:54 AM)Simon D Wrote: Hi Vag,

Apologies, what bar do you have, is this the sub or bar that you have opened?

</p><p><br></p><p>Can I add to this Simon please ?</p><p><br></p><p>Last night the A70 started crackling and the sound started to breakup. The voices sounded like Looney Tunes. High pitched and missing words. This did this via optical and analog and from the TV, YouViewBox and Firestick on all channels. After messing about for a while I turned the A70 off and left it in frustration. After about 30 mins I retuned and tried again and it seemed OK. I do leave the A70 turned on all the time but having had it for 6 months it's never been a problem before.</p><p><br></p><p>I have a Sony TV and my soundbar serial number is&nbsp; 80102190050457<br></p>
Hi Topgazza,

Thanks for the info. I know we have spoken but just want to be sure that anyone who searches for similar gets an answer.

The more I think on it I think it may have been an aberration. As discussed let me know if it starts up again.

If it were optical only I have found dust in either optical socket can cause this.

Otherwise at times bars and speaker scan pick up errant radio from a local source on any input, though it is rare.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

Thanks Simon

It's been fine since yesterdays little blip. I'll keep an eye (ear) to it and report back if it happens again. Nothing I tried worked as I say but leaving it off for a while did , it seems. I always assumed leaving theA70 on all the time is fine as the electronics are passive until activated by an audio signal, I assume. But I've now started to turn it off overnight. Does it matter ?

Just to reiterate that I am finding the sound from films etc where dialogue wa shard to hear before seems to have improved as well as the months have gone on. Not sure of the logic behind that and it may be I'm just used to it but there is a definate difference. Setting the audio out from the firestick to stereo seems to help as well. I still get a superb sound quality from Dolby films and I have to say teh Airsound process does work