Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No sound from my mixer
Tried to feed my microphone mixer at line-level to the Aux input of my One P70. I got no sound. At the time the soundbar was connected via the optical link to my TV. I get the sinking feeling that only one input source is allowed at a time. Is this correct?
Hi Bwriter,

Yes, Only one input at a time.

I would feed the TV into the Mixer or employ a splitter of one type or another so you can feed both sources to the bar in tandem.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

[Image: orbitsound-sig-logo.png]
(08-06-2018, 07:10 AM)Simon D Wrote: Thanks, Simon,

I can't see why this restriction exists. It wouldn't cost much to incorporate a small mixer in the Sound Bar. Maybe other manufacturers have done this. Or is there some other reason why it hasn't been implemented?

Hi Bwriter,

Apologies,  can you provide an example, I have never known a speaker or all in one sound bar to do this?

Simply put if multiple audio sources were not needed but enabled a listener might get (for instance) the TV, A phone on Bluetooth and a device hooked up via Aux at the same time as people would not usually want to mix said audio streams together or always have to unplug/unpair devices constantly.

We design our products to be simple for people to use, hence we do not mix across sources.

Also as previously stated were this function necessary a splitter or switch can usually be employed and is better suited.

If that makes sense?
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

[Image: orbitsound-sig-logo.png]