Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crackling and Popping Noises
<p>Hi Guys, admittedly my SB60 is getting on a touch now, but in the last&nbsp;few days has developed a crackling popping noise and intermittent connection with the power source. The crackling&nbsp;changes (but never disappears) when I twist the power input. I have tried different power cables other than the standard Orbit power source, but this makes no difference. Can you provide any advice please?</p><p><br></p><p>Many Thanks</p><p><br></p><p>Hue&nbsp;</p>
Hi Huwtreasure,

When you say twist do you mean at the point of contact with the sb60?

Try hoovering all the connections out, though it does sound as though the connection for the psu on the main board needs shoring up/resoldered, if you can fin a local engineer to do so.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

[Image: orbitsound-sig-logo.png]
<p><br></p><p><br></p><p>Thanks for the reply Simon - yes it’s at the point of connection. Will try a clean out to see if this makes a difference otherwise it’s Plan B (or Plan C!)</p><p><br></p><p>Kind regards</p><p>Huw</p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p>
(28-06-2021, 11:09 AM)Simon D Wrote: Hi Huwtreasure, When you say twist do you mean at the point of contact with the sb60? Try hoovering all the connections out, though it does sound as though the connection for the psu on the main board needs shoring up/resoldered, if you can fin a local engineer to do so.

</p>