Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A60 remote learning issue with LG remote
I cannot get my A60 soundbar to learn an LG remote control - I have tried several times, following the instructions, but after pressing LRN and then the VOL+ button on the remote, nothing happens except the VOL+ lights on the A60 flash and don't stop

Help please

Thanks
Hi GazzaUK,

Can the A60 learn the Orbitsound remote, do you have Sky or similar?

It sounds like the remote may be a non traditional IR.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

[Image: orbitsound-sig-logo.png]
(24-01-2018, 04:52 PM)Simon D Wrote: Hi GazzaUK,

Can the A60 learn the Orbitsound remote, do you have Sky or similar?

It sounds like the remote may be a non traditional IR.

Hi Simon

No problem with the Orbitsound remote. We have Sky but I can't get that remote to work either
Hi Gazza,

I might suggest trying the steps as laid out in the post here, specifically changing your TV code in use on the Sky remote.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

(30-01-2018, 06:03 PM)Simon D Wrote: Hi Gazza,

I might suggest trying the steps as laid out in the post here, specifically changing your TV code in use on the Sky remote.

Thanks Simon, but that hasn't worked
(01-02-2018, 02:19 PM)GazzaUK Wrote:

Hi Gazza,

What code did you use? Does the bar recognise the remote/do the lights go out after ++-- is pressed?

Can the bar "learn" the original Orbitsound remote okay?
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

(14-02-2018, 03:49 PM)Simon D Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 02:19 PM)GazzaUK Wrote:

Hi Gazza,

What code did you use? Does the bar recognise the remote/do the lights go out after ++-- is pressed?

Can the bar "learn" the original Orbitsound remote okay?

Hi Simon

Many thanks for your reply. Sorry, I don't know what you mean by the code, but the bar does not recognise the LG remote at all, though the original Orbitsound remote has always worked fine

Gary
Hi Gary,

Apologies, the steps in the post describe using a Sky or other set top box remote and another brands code.

I suspect the LG remote is non compatible, likely it is a non Infra Red, Bluetooth or smart remote.

I doubt there is any way to get it to work.

If the bar can "learn" the original Orbitsound remote then the bar itself/the learning function are working as expected.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

(15-02-2018, 10:19 AM)Simon D Wrote: Hi Gary,

Apologies, the steps in the post describe using a Sky or other set top box remote and another brands code.

I suspect the LG remote is non compatible, likely it is a non Infra Red, Bluetooth or smart remote.

I doubt there is any way to get it to work.

If the bar can "learn" the original Orbitsound remote then the bar itself/the learning function are working as expected.

Hi Simon

Thank you, at least I know now!

Cheers

Gary