Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my spaced360 will not charge.
Your first step should be to unplug the charger, remove the speaker from the charging stand and then remove the charger head.

To remove the head push the button by the plug pins down and twist the head anti clockwise.

Leave the head removed for 4+ hours reattach and then place your Spaced360 on charge for 12+ hours/overnight.

Normal operation should resume.

Spaced 360 charging can be accomplished on most spaced 360s using the Micro USB slot on the base of the speaker.

You may need to try a few cables and charging usually takes longer. There may also be no visual indication that charging is taking place.

An overnight charge should result in something from a completely discharged speaker though.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

[Image: orbitsound-sig-logo.png]
(03-02-2017, 01:00 PM)Simon D Wrote: Your first step should be to unplug the charger, remove the speaker from the charging stand and then remove the charger head.

To remove the head push the button by the plug pins down and twist the head anti clockwise.

Leave the head removed for 4+ hours reattach and then place your Spaced360 on charge for 12+ hours/overnight.

Normal operation should resume.

Hi there - am having this problem so will try the fix above.  But can you tell me why this would work?
Hi Richard,

The short answer is we are not sure but know that it does, the long answer is that we think the issue is due to the battery "memory" getting stuck in conjunction with a buildup of charge/energy in the adapter. Completely discharging the battery solves the "memory" issue. Removing the head seems to allow whatever has built up/caused an issue to dissipate, this seems to work 90-95% of the time for us and customers.

The strange/frustrating thing is company wide we have never experienced the issue ourselves but have had access to speakers in John Lewis stores that have had the issue, hence the "fix" for the issue.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

Please can you illustrate how to remove head. I cannot see any buttons to push.
Hi Wolfie1968,

It can be hard to explain, essentially on the bottom left there is a small piece of plastic that needs to be depressed and turned clockwise, I have attached a picture with the tab pointed out.

Attached Files

Thumbnail(s)

Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

Have tried that and it doesnt work. As I use this everyday i would appreciate a new charger if that is which is causing the problem
Hi Wolfie1968,

I will have to get back to you, we are awaiting stock of these chargers.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

any updates on due delivery date from your supplier? Not much point having something that cost in excess of £250 when the charger doesnt work - would have been ok if the other port was a charging point too - as I could just have used my Samsung charger.
Hi Wolfie,

Nothing yet, I will post once we have news.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

Simon, sorry this is not very good. Simple question to your supplier is when do you think that you will dispatch. Currently my item purchased in September 2015 does not work. Under my consumer rights I want it repairing or replacing or at least a definitive answer as to when it will be. I note that moderator has to approve messages, so if you would prefer to email me on xxx@xxx.xxx rather than continue this conversation on here I would be happy to do so.