Orbitsound Forum
Gifted bamboo M9 and Subwoofer for Christmas, Subwoofer broken - Printable Version

+- Orbitsound Forum (https://orbitsound.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://orbitsound.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: M Series (https://orbitsound.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+---- Forum: Wired Subwoofer LX Specific issues (https://orbitsound.com/forum/forum-34.html)
+---- Thread: Gifted bamboo M9 and Subwoofer for Christmas, Subwoofer broken (/thread-313.html)

Gifted bamboo M9 and Subwoofer for Christmas, Subwoofer broken - MadmanMarner - 26-12-2017

As the subject says, I was given an M9 Bamboo Soundbar and Subwoofer for Christmas by a family member. The Soundbar works perfectly and pairing the 2 works as normal. Sound has come from the subwoofer when first setting it up and holding the volume button in a very specific manner, but when I took the device home to set up, it no longer put out any sound or vibration at all.

I am not tech-savvy so if my terminology is incorrect please excuse me.

I have looked behind the panel on the back of the subwoofer, and I can see that physical damage has happened internally. Specifically on the other side of the volume button, there appears to be no connection to the motherboard (?) and I can only imagine this is why.

As it was received as a gift I don't have a receipt of purchase, I do have the instructions and warranty booklet though. I was just wondering how I might go about fixing this? Is there a specific Orbitsound repair service that I can send it to? At the moment, the Soundbar is a great present alone but I would love for it all to work together properly!

RE: Gifted bamboo M9 and Subwoofer for Christmas, Subwoofer broken - Simon D - 28-12-2017

Hi MadmanMarner,

It does sound as though a repair is needed.

However I am not certain I understand the damage as such, can you attach a photo to a post?

RE: Gifted bamboo M9 and Subwoofer for Christmas, Subwoofer broken - MadmanMarner - 29-12-2017

(28-12-2017, 05:10 PM)Simon D Wrote: Hi MadmanMarner,

However I am not certain I understand the damage as such, can you attach a photo to a post?

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your response. I thought a repair would be likely, I have attached an image for reference.

RE: Gifted bamboo M9 and Subwoofer for Christmas, Subwoofer broken - Simon D - 29-12-2017

Hi MadmanMarner,

That would be a repair for that kind of damage. As it would include private details/info I shall contact you privately.

RE: Gifted bamboo M9 and Subwoofer for Christmas, Subwoofer broken - paulfinch808 - 01-02-2021

(26-12-2017, 10:47 PM)MadmanMarner Wrote: As the subject says, I was given an M9 Bamboo Soundbar and Subwoofer for Christmas by a family member. The Soundbar works perfectly and pairing the 2 works as normal. Sound has come from the subwoofer when first setting it up and holding the volume button in a very specific manner, but when I took the device home to set up, it no longer put out any sound or vibration at all.

I am not tech-savvy so if my terminology is incorrect please excuse me.

I have looked behind the panel on the back of the subwoofer, and I can see that physical damage has happened internally. Specifically on the other side of the volume button, there appears to be no connection to the motherboard (?) and I can only imagine this is why.

As it was received as a gift I don't have a receipt of purchase, I do have the instructions and warranty booklet though. I was just wondering how I might go about fixing this? Is there a specific Orbitsound repair service that I can send it to? At the moment, the Soundbar is a great present alone but I would love for it all to work together properly!

RE: Gifted bamboo M9 and Subwoofer for Christmas, Subwoofer broken - Simon D - 02-02-2021

Hi MadmanMarner,

I have previously sent a private message.

Apologies, as this will now require personal details we would need to go through there/a secure channel such as email.

RE: Gifted bamboo M9 and Subwoofer for Christmas, Subwoofer broken - Zergof - 21-09-2021

<p>
(29-12-2017, 03:18 PM)MadmanMarner Wrote:
(28-12-2017, 05:10 PM)Simon&nbsp;D Wrote: Hi MadmanMarner,

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your response. I thought a repair would be likely,&nbsp;I have attached an image for reference.

</p><p>It looks like the renovation will cost you a pretty penny.<br></p>