Orbitsound Forum
Machine Gun/Jack Hammer via Bluetooth/Optical or AUX - Printable Version

+- Orbitsound Forum (https://orbitsound.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://orbitsound.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: P Series (https://orbitsound.com/forum/forum-71.html)
+---- Forum: Other (https://orbitsound.com/forum/forum-75.html)
+---- Thread: Machine Gun/Jack Hammer via Bluetooth/Optical or AUX (/thread-1315.html)

Machine Gun/Jack Hammer via Bluetooth/Optical or AUX - Twelve - 03-02-2019

I’ve experimented with all connections optical, aux & bluetooth and I get the machine gun sound no matter the connection. Hardware is a Roku HDMI streamer connected to a Sony KDL32WD751 TV and I’ve adjusted the audio settings on the TV and Roku to PCM. 

This happens when watching on the TV platform (terrestrial channels), watching anything via the Roku connected to HDMI port on the TV and when listening to podcasts via Bluetooth direct to the orbitsound. Any ideas?

RE: Machine Gun/Jack Hammer via Bluetooth/Optical or AUX - Simon D - 04-02-2019

Hi Twelve,

What TV do you have? Does the sound continue when the cables are removed?

When switching between the AUX/OPTI/BT sources on the bar does the noise stop at any point?

Does a phone/Tablet via BT or AUX sound okay?

RE: Machine Gun/Jack Hammer via Bluetooth/Optical or AUX - Twelve - 04-02-2019

(04-02-2019, 09:05 AM)Simon D Wrote: Hi Twelve,

What TV do you have? Does the sound continue when the cables are removed?

When switching between the AUX/OPTI/BT sources on the bar does the noise stop at any point?

Does a phone/Tablet via BT or AUX sound okay?

[quote pid='1541' dateline='1549271144']
Hi, the model name for the TV is in my original post, a Sony KDL32751. The machine gun sound only comes on when sound is being output (music, dialogue, menu clicks etc). If there’s no audio output, there’s no machine gun sound. It happens on Optical and Bluetooth alike. I don’t use the aux, I only used it to test whether this problem also happens over the aux connection too and it does. 
[/quote]

Hi Twelve,

Sorry must have missed the Model number somehow, it happening on Bluetooth is a new one.

I assume that the TV's Audio out setting is set to PCM? Can you Try AUX.

RE: Machine Gun/Jack Hammer via Bluetooth/Optical or AUX - Twelve - 04-02-2019

(04-02-2019, 02:34 PM)Simon D Wrote: Hi Twelve,

Sorry must have missed the Model number somehow, it happening on Bluetooth is a new one.

I assume that the TV's Audio out setting is set to PCM? Can you Try AUX.

Yes I’ve tried all connections Bluetooth, aux & optical and everything (TV Audio and Roku) has been set to PCM & I’m still having problems. 

I don’t know whether I’m able on here, but I could put together a short vid if it helps?

Hi Twelve,

To be honest its likely a call/email exchange is going to be needed.

I will private message you so we can get to the bottom of this.

RE: Machine Gun/Jack Hammer via Bluetooth/Optical or AUX - NZAPE - 22-04-2022

Hi did you find a working solution for this? I'm having the exact same problem even when my ONE P70W is standalone on bluetooth playing music it has the machine gun noise in the background. I have reset several times and it makes no difference. Same with the TV optical cable...

RE: Machine Gun/Jack Hammer via Bluetooth/Optical or AUX - admin - 25-04-2022

<p>Hi Nzape,</p><p><br></p><p>Its likely the wifi chip cycling, I'll get in contact and go over it. Essentially removing it is usually the best fix.</p>

RE: Machine Gun/Jack Hammer via Bluetooth/Optical or AUX - admin - 08-06-2022

Hi Tien,

The issue being this is actually several issues that people describe similarly/sound the same.
On top of that, depending on TV/source device, connection, menu's and TV brand specific firmware faults covered elsewhere on the forum (or any combination of) no step by step, even the vaguest would fit every scenario.
Where it is the speaker/bar that is at issue we have three (slightly) different variant's of p70, the speaker may have come from a non authorised retailer/be rain damaged stock we are aware of or otherwise not covered by warranty. Either way we would need private info to help, this is a public forum.
In this instance, unlike more straight forward issues a case by case is needed.
Hope this helps.