Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unit switches off
Hi,

My soundbar switches off after 9 minutes 25 seconds, every 9 minutes 25 seconds, can anyone help please.

Thank you, Billy Gilroy.
Hi Billy,

Is this an A70 or A60 connected up via optical?

Can you tell me the model number of your TV? Do you have a Sky or other st top box or a games console?
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

[Image: orbitsound-sig-logo.png]
(13-03-2018, 04:24 PM)Simon D Wrote: Hi Billy,

Can you tell me the model number of your TV? Do you have a Sky or other st top box or a games console?

Thanks for the quick reply Simon, yes it is the P70 connected via optical cable, serial #8310117001000315 and I'm on SKY Q, no other set top box or games console.

Cheers, Billy.
Hi Billy,

Hook the bar up to the sky box directly and play a minute of audio, even if its sounds wrong.

Then hook it back up of the TV and the issue should have cleared. Its eh bar setting itself off to protect itself because the TV at some point sent an errant signal through.

Hooking any other device up for a minute or so "resets" the optical chip.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

(13-03-2018, 04:24 PM)Simon D Wrote: Hi Billy,

Sorry that's the serial number for the OrbitSound bar. The TV serial is ~xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Sony curve screen.

Cheers, Billy.
(13-03-2018, 05:00 PM)Simon D Wrote: Hi Billy,

Hook the bar up to the sky box directly and play a minute of audio, even if its sounds wrong.

Then hook it back up of the TV and the issue should have cleared. Its eh bar setting itself off to protect itself because the TV at some point sent an errant signal through.

Hooking any other device up for a minute or so "resets" the optical chip.

Thanks Simon, I have followed your instructions and the unit has been running for 20 minutes without interuption so I'm pretty sure you have cracked it, thank you very much for your help, my other half loves the soundbar, it's so much better for our needs than others we have tried so keeping it is a bonus. Do you have any hints on how to set the mute on other remotes, I've set the volume up and down okay but there's no button on the bar for mute to go through the procedure, thanks in advance.

All the best, Billy.
Hi Billy,

Glad all is well. Apologies on the P70 only the Vol+ and - buttons can be learned.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

(13-03-2018, 06:27 PM)Simon D Wrote: Hi Billy,

Glad all is well. Apologies on the P70 only the Vol+ and - buttons can be learned.

Hi Simon,

Never mind, thanks for your help with everything, top man.

Cheers, Billy.