I need help setting up my Audiocast M5
Use this page if you need help setting up Wi-Fi on your Audiocast M5
Downloading the app
You can find the Orbitsound app on your either the App Store or the Google Play Store. Simple search for 'Orbitsound' and download the app.
The app is free and you can use the app to connect your speakers to your Wi-Fi, create groups of speakers and stream a variety of audio services.
Connecting your Audiocast to your network
- First, make sure your phone or tablet device is connected to your Wi-Fi network. This must be a 2.4GHz network as 5GHz networks are not supported by Audiocast devices.
- Turn your Audiocast on and wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Open the app, and select 'SETUP WI-FI DEVICE'. If you already have a different speaker set up, press the '+' icon on the speaker list screen.
- Enter your W-Fi password when asked, and tap next.
- On your Audiocast press WPS button.
- Tap next on the app and wait for the speaker to join your Wi-Fi network. This can take up to 60 seconds.
- The app will prompt that the connection was successful. Press finish and name your Audiocast. You should now find the Audiocast available in the app, and from supported apps directly, like Spotify.
If your connection was unsuccessful we recommend retrying the above steps again. If your connection fails for a second time, please see below.
Alternative speaker setup
- Tap on 'ALTERNATIVE SETUP' in the app after the above steps fail.
- Tap on 'DEVICE WI-FI SETTINGS' which will direct you to your device's Wi-Fi settings. Next, join the Wi-Fi network starting with 'Orbitsound' and enter the password '12345678'. This will connect your device directly to the Audiocast. Once connected, return to the Orbitsound app.
- The app should now show you available Wi-Fi networks. Simply select your network and enter the password. The password is often on the bottom of your router.
- Tap 'NEXT' and wait for the Audiocast to connect to your network. Once connected, you need to make sure your device is connected back to your network and is no longer connected directly to the Audiocast. Once confirmed, you can now return to the Orbitsound app.
Your Audiocast should now be connected to your network. Press finish and name your Audiocast. If you're still having issues, contact support.
This article applies to the following products: ONE P70W, Audiocast M5
Did this article help?
If you're still having issues, why not try our newly launched forum? Our support advisors are on hand to help you out. Alternatively, contact our support team who will be happy to help. Please provide your soundbar serial number and your TV make and model number for a faster service.